[BNM] Flow Chart software

patrick heath bnmlist@brightonnewmedia.org
Thu May 30 12:45:01 2002

> Thanks. Yep... I thought this was going to be the one... its bloody $500
> though. Bollox :(

> >It's not cheap, and MS bought it a while back, but I love Visio.  It has
>> vast set of shapes - I even use it for UML diagrams (has anyone seen the
>> cost of Rose recently???).

yea Visio is really comprehensive, i some times use Inspiration[1] for quick
diagrams on my mac, It is actually a brainstorming tool aimed at
schools/kids :)  but you can can get most of the templates that visio has.
It works between mc/pc with no problem at all too.

it looks really naf and the website is dreadfull, but honestly i find it
much faster and less painfull to draw simple flow diagrams, dataflows etc
than with visio.

it really depends on what you want to do, for all round performance visio is
probably the one to go for.

i love the import features of visio too.

cheers

Pat......

[1] http://www.inspiration.com/productinfo/Inspiration/features/index.cfm