[BNM] T-shirt printer? [OT]

Bernard Claydon bnmlist@brightonnewmedia.org
Thu Sep 19 12:10:10 2002

Dragon - Hiro:

> Erm.. Bernard.
>
> Hate to point this out oh knowledgeable one, but mod's and rockers actually
> started in the 50's! An Ska is a NEWER form of reggae!! Mod's would be more
> likely to be listening to NORTHERN SOUL!!!!
>
> Oh dear, never mind eh? ;-)

The bit about the Lanes and North Laine was accurate anyway.
Not a troll and not as inaccurate as you make out. I don't think they had
Lambrettas in the 50s. They had teddy boys which were kind of a cross
between mods and rockers. The mods that Jump the Gun are promoting nostalgia
for were a force in the late 60's/early 70's. I should know, I was there. I
even had a Lambretta...

Ska, as has now been pointed out, was both an early 'pure' form of reggae
and later (incorrectly) used to describe bands such as Madness and Selector
and others on the Two Tone label. Northern Soul came later, I think you'll
find, professor, but maybe my memory is playing tricks on me and you do in
fact know more about it than I do!

B->