[BNM] [OT] Cycle path website

Nick Sayers bnmlist@brightonnewmedia.org
Mon Mar 3 14:55:00 2003

>> Nick "bitter and twisted having been fined £125 once for
>> cycling along the prom" Sayers

> Eh..? You were fined for doing what??
> I didnít know you could be fined for that..
> Hmm..

My name's Nick. I'm a cyclist. This is my story:

Summer 1996 (pre-Labour days): I was pedalling to work in the morning at a
reasonable speed along an almost deserted prom (saw about three people along
it). Near the Peace Statue there were four council officers in a row across
the path. I got stopped and asked my name and address. I foolishly gave them
it and thought nothing more until a summons appeared through my letterbox.
Not realising I could have settled out of court, I duly went to the hearing
and they charged me *£50* for cycling along the seafront and **£75** for the
privilege of appearing in court. :-O Fuckers.

I think the council was feeling strapped for cash that morning and felt like
raising a bit of easy money by nicking all the prom cycle traffic.

Whenever I cycle down there now I keep in mind a false name and address.

http://www.NickSayers.com/