[BNM] Back to the good ol Google

Matt Matheson bnmlist@brightonnewmedia.org
Fri Mar 14 10:40:00 2003

Could well be the case - I won't be so silly to say it couldn't.

Im just glad its all back to normal - I mean, even searches not with
relation to work ie my name have changed considerably.

Cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Budd [mailto:andy@message.uk.com]
Sent: 14 March 2003 10:31
To: bnmlist@brightonnewmedia.org
Subject: Re: [BNM] Back to the good ol Google

Most of the SE's distribute their index across multiple servers. Often
they will take large chunks of the index (or possibly the whole server)
off line for a while for maintenance. Is it possible that this could
have happened in your case?

Also the SE's often try out new algorithms on small test ranges (based
on ip?) so this may be another reason for the strange but intermittent
results you had.

---