[BNM] Embarrassingly dumb html path question

Andy Smith bnmlist@brightonnewmedia.org
Fri Mar 14 15:55:00 2003

I wrote:

> I'm fairly sure it's taken care of by the browser (as is
> "../" for that matter). No need for any special server configuration.

Just to confirm this... the HTML spec requires browsers to resolve relative URIs in accordance with RFC 1808. See http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1808.txt if you want more detail on how this works than you probably ever thought was possible.

Andy
andy smith  |  web developer  |  preview graphics  |  +44 (0) 1273 834434  |  www.preview.co.uk

CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE: This e-mail is intended only for
the addressee named above and the contents should not be disclosed to
any other party. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender and delete the e-mail and any attachments from your
system. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the sender
and do not necessarily represent those of Preview Graphics Ltd. unless
otherwise specifically stated. Although this email has been scanned for
viruses, we advise you to carry out your own virus checks before opening
any attachment as we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as
a result of any software viruses or other malicious code.