[BNM] BookSwap (Was wrox in liquidation)

Mark Walker bnmlist@brightonnewmedia.org
Thu Mar 20 11:50:14 2003

isn't there a site somewhere that does something like this:
1. you find a book in a public place and it has a sticker on it
inviting you to read it
2. it has a url on the sticker that you visit to log the fact that
you have the book
3. you read the names and opinions of the people who've also found that book
4. you read the book
5. you leave it in a public place
i remember when I saw it that it thought it would be a brilliant
thing to run in cafe-strewn brighton... except it may be trickier to
keep the flow going with technical reference manuals than mills and
boon

anyway we could launch the idea in the festival, and I could speak to
o'reilly books [who sponsor the virtual festival] about sponsoring it
eg kick start process with some books [indeed we've got some already]

sponsorship pays for a portable isbn scanner for every cafe which
agrees to take part...

mark

--
Mark Walker, Project Manager