[BNM] [OT] [war] protests kicking arse

iestyn lloyd bnmlist@brightonnewmedia.org
Sun Mar 23 10:15:00 2003

(mmm...trollbait..!)

> Hoo-fucking-ray. We are kicking arse in Iraq.  I am over joyed!
LOL. this is too easy..! :D

wow! i see what you mean!

This is the reality of war. We bomb. They suffer.  (this one just for you
jeremy. you might want to disengage your emotion chip before reading it
though)
http://argument.independent.co.uk/commentators/story.jsp?story=389918
RAF aircraft 'hit by US missile'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2877349.stm
Fears grow for ITN crew
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2877089.stm
TV crew may have suffered 'friendly fire'
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_763771.html?menu=
US soldier attacks own base (dont get too carried away now)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2877087.stm
Exodus in northern Iraq
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2875843.stm
Saddam 'not a key war aim' (make your mind up!)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2876807.stm
No sign of WMDs
http://tinyurl.com/7zlv

Wow! WE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

> They are
> also happy to see us in Basra (check the media).

Excellent!
And who in their right mind wouldnt
a) pretend to be happy when you've got several billion pounds worth of
military hardware trained at you?
b) be happy that there might be some chance you might be free of saddam
until the next dictator is installed by the west?

Dont forget:
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story=389902
"Basra is not in itself a military objective"

> Hope all you
> anti war guys
> had a great day out in London.

it was fantastic, thanks!
hundreds of thousands of people managed to get there with only a few days
notice. Superb!
stopwar.org.uk:
"
BIGGEST ANTI-WAR DEMO IN WAR TIME: AT LEAST 750,000 DEMONSTRATE IN CENTRAL
LONDON!
The demonstration was the second biggest ever organised in Britain, planned
in under a week and built with 3 days notice from the outbreak of war
"
I hear both the fairford and menwith hill demos were great too.

Three marches in as many days. Great fun, and for a great cause. Better than
pleasuring myself whilst watching 24 hour news channels i guess.

> See you at the next futile demo.

i'm delighted to hear that you believe in peace so strongly!

Your point was what exactly?

The pro-war people do have a point (although you seem unable or unwilling to
make one). I dont need to have it explained to me any more. I understand
completely. I just happen to think they are wrong.

cheers,

iestyn