[BNM] [OT] the onion

Bernard Claydon bnmlist@brightonnewmedia.org
Wed Mar 26 00:35:01 2003

iestyn lloyd:

> yeah, its great.
> even after 11/9 they kept their sense of humour
> http://www.theonion.com/onion3734/american_life_turns_into.html

And they say Americans don't do irony!

I like:

"If the world were going to suddenly turn into a movie without warning, I
wish it would have been one of those boring, talky Merchant-Ivory ones
instead. I hate those movies, but I sure wish we were living in one right
now."

"Among the populace, the prospect of prolonged conflict offers little
comfort.
"In the movies, when the president says, 'It's war,' that usually means the
good part is just about to begin," said hardware-store owner Thom Garner of
Cedar Rapids, IA. "Why doesn't it feel that way now? It doesn't feel like
the good part is about to begin at all. It feels there's never going to be
another good part again."

B->