[BNM] Freeview tuning [OT]

Derek Clarke derek_c at cix.co.uk
Mon Dec 19 11:51:00 GMT 2005

As you're raising this here I'm assuming you're talking about the
Brighton area.

Brighton DTT comes from Whitehawk Hill, which is usually not what you
need for analogue.

So you may need another aerial pointing straight at it.

The other problems are that although the transmitter is rather close,
they use very low powers, and there are often buildings in the way.

Here are the stats for Whitehawk Hill:

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/reception_advice/digital_trans_guide/show_t
ransmitter.asp-siteID=85.html

or for those with short-URL only clients:

http://w3t.org/?u=fwg

As can be seen, the BBC multiplex is on channel 66 and is one of the
lowest power ones. So use your Freeview box's level meter facility
(somewhere on the setup menus) to see if you can get anything from
channel 66.

If your reference to UHF 48 means that you are using the Freeview box's
modulator, you're better off not doing so. Use a Scart lead instead and
switch the modulator off if you can.